Corporate Practice Group Assistant
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on June 11, 2018
Lewis Search Group is currently recruiting to hire a Corporate Practice Group Assistant for an exceptional career law firm opportunity. The Corporate Practice Group Assistant will support attorneys and paralegals by providing administrative and organizational support to the transactional practice groups. Recent college graduates and entry-level candidates encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide back up support for the paralegals within the transactional practice groups.
• Assists the transactional teams with the organization of business entities of all types (corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships); checks availability of and reserves corporate entity names; prepares and files incorporation, merger, acquisition, dissolution and related documents.
• Assists paralegals and lawyers with the preparation of incorporation documents including but not limited to certificate/articles of incorporation, bylaws, restricted stock purchase agreements, organizational board and stockholder resolutions and related applications, filings and documentation.
• Assists the local paralegal team with the maintenance and organization of corporate record books.
• Retrieves documents from government agencies, private document retrieval companies and internal sources as appropriate.
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and has the flexibility to assist team in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Clients, Partners, Associates, Paralegals and all staff members.
• Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by local administration.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years’ experience
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
• A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
• Exercises confidentiality and discretion
• Proofreads accurately
• Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
This is an immediate hire. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in Word (NOT PDF) via job posting. Competitive compensation/benefit package for the right candidate.