Posted by Clinton Lewis in on November 16, 2017
The Docket Clerk is primarily responsible for calendaring support requirements for attorneys practicing in various courts and jurisdictions. This position will review legal documents in order to calculate, record and disseminate important events and deadlines pursuant to applicable rules and practices. In addition, the Docket Clerk will be responsible with occasionally assisting with case filings and court-related services as needed. Ability to work independently on projects and research assignments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Docket court filings, discovery, and other substantive papers in Firm’s calendaring tool; calendar relevant dates and deadlines.
· Prepare and distribute reports.
· Advise on applicable rules of procedure, local rules and practices with respect to calendaring.
· Assist with Knowledge Management initiative.
· Respond to written or verbal requests/inquiries from attorneys and staff regarding calendared events, pleadings, and court procedures.
· Assist the Managing Attorney with keeping apprised of legal developments with respect to calendaring.
• Proficient in industry-standard calendaring tools such as MA3000, Court Alert, or Compulaw.
• Proficiency in utilizing online court databases including PACER and Courtlink.
• Ability to timely and accurately calculate deadlines in various jurisdictions, including Trial and Appellate Courts; USPTO; and Arbitration matters.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to organize and prioritize issues and handle competing priorities.
• Ability to take initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done.
• BA or BS degree.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a Managing Attorney’s/Clerk’s Office.
• Experience performing docketing responsibilities preferred.
*We have two positions available, one will work standard hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm the other will be a 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm shift.