Evening Shift Litigation Paralegal
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on January 24, 2020
Lewis Search Group is actively recruiting for an junior-level LITIGATION PARALEGAL for an unique job opportunity. Excellent base salary plus full benefits offered.
Position Summary: The New York office of our global law firm client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced evening Litigation Paralegal. The litigation paralegal will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Litigation Department from onset of litigation cases through post-trial. Work hours are Monday to Friday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., must be flexible for overtime, as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare papers for service and electronic case filing.
- E-file in state and Federal courts.
- Draft and prepare select case pleadings and correspondence.
- Cite check, blue book, and proofread documents.
- Track litigation deadlines.
- Provide guidance on court rules and procedures.
- Organize and manage discovery documents in both electronic and paper formats.
- Create, organize, and maintain transcript and exhibit libraries.
- Conduct factual research, including online or other electronic searches.
- Assist with preparation for mediation, arbitration and trial.
- Prepare and track files and maintain calendars and deadlines
- Prepare and timely submit timekeeping reports.
- Perform day to day general paralegal duties.
Skills & Competencies:
- The ideal candidates must have the ability to demonstrate professionalism to effectively deal with a wide range of responsibilities.
- Candidates should have strong attention to detail and strong client service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate well in a team as well as work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, and be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities and set priorities while meeting deadlines
- Candidates should be self-starters who can work well independently and under minimal supervision
- Must also have the ability to work in an organized, efficient manner, be willing to support the department with general administrative duties and special projects as needed.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- This position requires 2-3 years of litigation paralegal experience.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Solid and strong knowledge of court rules and e-filing.
- Must be proficient in PACER, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.