Posted by Clinton Lewis in on January 11, 2020
Lewis Search Group is actively seeking a full-time experienced Fiduciary Accountant for a law firm client. The responsibilities include:
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041 and related state returns) on the Intuit ProSeries Software and monitoring estimated tax requirements for estates and trusts;
- Preparation of federal and state estate tax returns using Thomson Reuters OneSource; preparation of tax calculations and otherwise assisting in connection with estate planning for high clients;
- Preparation of annual returns for foundations on Form 990-PF and monitoring estimated tax payments and required distributions;
- Calculation of fiduciary commissions; and entering transactions with respect to estates and trusts in a fiduciary accounting program (we currently use Omega Fiduciary Accounting System) to be able to produce accountings at any time during administration of the estate or trust.
- Knowledge of OneSource FAS program is a plus.
Since the position is for a small department with only one fiduciary accountant, we need someone capable of keeping track of deadlines and meeting them on his or her own and someone who will work well with our paralegal and under the supervision of the two attorneys in the T&E department.
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (No CPA is required) and at least 5 years of experience in the practice area at a major law firm; must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, e-filing, FileSite or DeskSite, OneSource FSA, Omega.