Posted by Clinton Lewis in on November 16, 2017
The HRIS Specialist plays a key role in the development, implementation and maintenance of HRIS systems associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for the HR department planning and activities. Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow, and maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes (i.e. on- boarding, recruiting process, reporting and other systems) and to improve data management and efficiency. Maintains and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of HR Management and Staff. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Trains and provides troubleshooting tips to other HR members and other Administrative Managers on features and functionality of HRIS systems and applications as needed. Works with payroll to coordinate retrieval and reporting functions. Audit UDES feed against carrier reporting. May serve as HR department liaison to IT function.
• Analyze systems features and report the need for system enhancement or customization. • Support the implementation/maintenance of various modules within UltiPro. • Data entry/maintenance into the HRIS system and assure data integrity of HR information firm wide. • Primary liaison for UltiPro HRIS. • Determine the validity of other modules within UltiPro (HRIS) and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest. • Recommend changes to current processes to provide more effective use of the HRIS, and take the lead as a project manager to implement these changes (i.e. onboarding and exits, org charts, employment changes, performance management, recruitment, headcount etc.). • Work closely and collaboratively with Benefits Manager in ensuring open enrollment system functionality meets the needs of the organization and reflects the accuracy of the benefits renewal rates and policy. • Create, generate, and maintain effective HR reporting, including turnover, headcount, recruiting, organization charts, and other key metrics to drive organizational effectiveness. • Develop and generate upon request ad hoc reports to provide HR with timely and accurate data. • Create and maintain documentation of reporting processes and training guides for end users. • Develop a regular monthly audit schedule to review the integrity of data in the HRIS system and databases. • Serve as the primary liaison for annual data testing and auditing for HR team and other compliance requirements.
• Process all new hire, insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits and FSA benefits enrollment. • Make recommendations for cost effective HRIS Benefit Systems. • Assist in management of Top Performance firm wide • Assist in salary surveys • Complete requested government filings – EEO-1, AAP. • Other duties as requested by Chief HR Officer, Director of Human Resources/ Legal Personnel.
• College Graduate with 5+ years of experience
• Proficiency with UltiPro, or other HRIS and web-based talent management tools preferred.
• Experience with salary surveys (Towers Watson, Mercer and others)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivots, databases)
• Extensive HR systems reporting, HR process, and project management skills
• Demonstrated experience/maturity handling confidential and sensitive information
• Possess a positive, service oriented attitude with excellent follow through on issues.
• Hard working, well-organized and detail oriented. Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure.
• Foresees potential challenges and is prepared with recommendations to solve variety of problems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and highly motivated.
Professional but friendly atmosphere. Business casual dress code.