Legal Billing Specialist
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on December 21, 2018
Lewis Search Group is looking to recruit an experienced Billing Specialist for an exceptional law firm career opportunity with our national client. This role will directly support the Chief Financial Officer. Compile and send monthly bills – both electronically and on paper. Maintain regular contact with attorneys, staff, and clients, always ensuring the confidentiality of client/firm matters.
1. Compile, review, verify accuracy of, and send monthly (electronic and paper) bills to clients, handling a high volume of bills each month.
2. Execute complex bills in a timely manner (including multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, alternative fee arrangements, etc.).
3. Update client billing rates and create new billing formats/templates as needed.
4. Enroll and manage accounts in the electronic billing systems (including coordination/ communication with attorneys regarding short pays, budget requirements and other requested information).
5. Research and respond to billing inquires, issues or problems.
6. Create billing schedules and other billing analyses.
7. Maintain client invoices in the document management system.
8. Follow firm billing policies and procedures (i.e. firm write-off policies).
9. Apply retainer funds as directed by attorneys.
10. Assist with implementation of new billing system and software.
11. Effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff and clients.
12. Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
13. Assist with special projects as requested.
1. College (bachelor’s) degree preferred.
2. At least three years’ prior hands-on billing experience in a law firm.
3. Experience using Elite preferred.
4. Proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
5. Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize work flow and use time efficiently.
6. Perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
7. Adapt to ever-changing work priorities.
8. Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision and follow-up on own initiative.
9. Flexibility to adapt to differing work hours when overtime is needed to meet client requests.
10. Excellent communication (oral and written), analytic and problem-solving skills.
Immediate hire! Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in WORD (NOT PDF) via job posting or www.lewissearchgroup.com.