Litigation Legal Secretary
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on December 21, 2018
Lewis Search Group is looking to recruit an experienced LEGAL SECRETARY for an exceptional career opportunity with a national law firm. The legal secretary must have litigation experience. Any environmental litigation experience is a major plus. The position supports litigation and regulatory attorneys in delivering high-quality services to internal and external clients and performs a variety of administrative support duties. The responsibilities include managing multiple projects while maintaining effective and courteous communication with clients, attorneys, staff and peers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Process and format Word and Excel documents, using prescribed Firm formats.
2. Maintain knowledge of formats for pleadings and motions and procedures for filing with local, state and federal courts and agencies and perform processes associated with court services including filing, requesting transcripts and litigation searching
3. Maintain advanced knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint, Elite (accounting), InterAction (contacts), e-filing, practice support, and other law office software
4. Set up and maintain and client, work, chronological, pleading and personal files, including electronic files in FileSite as well as coordinate transfer of inactive or closed files
5. Knowledge of InTapp in order to process New Client Requests, and input/edit attorney time entry and client bills
6. Maintain attorney contacts in the InterAction client relationship management system
7. Provide administrative support for assigned attorneys (expense reports, travel, calendaring, mail, meeting, appointment and conference coordination)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Minimum of 3 years of relevant litigation experience (bachelor’s degree and a plus)
2. Knowledge of electronic filings (state and federal), as well as court rules and procedures, litigation terminology and documentation
3. Computer proficiency, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
4. Excellent verbal and written communication and proofreading skills
5. Be available to work overtime in the morning, evening or weekends as requested
6. Manage multiple projects while maintaining effective and courteous communication with clients, attorneys, staff and peers.
7. Ability to retrieve and distribute packages and books weighing up to 30 pounds, and ability to retrieve objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high and replace same
Immediate hire! Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in WORD (NOT PDF) via job posting or www.lewissearchgroup.com.