Posted by Clinton Lewis in on February 23, 2019
Lewis Search Group is looking to recruit an experienced RECORDS COORDINATOR for an exceptional career opportunity with our global law firm client. This role handles daily Records and Information Management (“RIM”) matters, RIM training, retention matters, and the implementation of active and inactive records systems. Serves as the technical lead for iManage Records Manager (“IRM”). Responsible for researching and implementing IRM process improvements and serving as the inter-office technical liaison for the US Records team. Handles assignments and projects related to records retention, software tools and systems, technical training, electronic document management, RIM research, RIM methodology, and other duties as assigned.
• Serves as technical expert on iManage Records Manager. Serves as liaison between IT and Records departments.
• Serves as inter-office technical liaison for US Records team; provides training and technical support for US Records team members.
• Files and records electronic and paper documents handled by the Department and ensures all are accurately entered in the records management system, properly barcoded, tracked, securely stored and retrievable; including, but not limited to, application of proper file disposition statuses.
• Responsible for the proper application and implementation of records retention and disposition schedules.
• Assists in collecting, uploading, profiling, classifying/foldering, de-duplicating and “sanitizing” electronic documents and other forms of digital content; especially on a project basis involving collections of documents/content that need to be migrated from one system/format to another
• Assists supervisor with managing operational procedures relating to active and inactive records management, records circulation, release of records to outside parties, and disposition of records where retention requirements have expired.
• Interacts with attorneys and professional staff at all levels to support the records management needs of the firm.
• Handles document retention projects as directed by the U.S. Records and Washington Paralegals Lead; often in conjunction with the Professional Responsibility team.
• Handles Electronic Closing Binder uploading process; serve as Key Document Library gatekeeper
• Serves as technical lead for US Records team
• Serves as technical trainer for US Records team
• Tracks legal holds in iManage Records Manager
• Assists attorneys and professional staff with Records requests
• Assists in review, testing and evaluation of any new software
• Assesses departmental software and recommend changes/enhancements
• Works cooperatively with attorneys and professional staff in New York and other offices
• Other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s Degree required
•3+ years legal Records Department experience
•Familiarity with Microsoft office suite and a document management system such as iManage Work
•iManage Records Manager experience
•Fully trained and knowledgeable in the practices and procedures of records and information management
•Strong attention to detail
•Excellent communication skills
•Ability to work in a “team” environment
Immediate hire! Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in WORD (NOT PDF) via job posting or www.lewissearchgroup.com.