Posted by Clinton Lewis in on March 8, 2018
Our global client is looking to add a Research Librarian to their Library & Information Services Department. The primary responsibility of this function is: Provide complex business and legal research services to the firm’s attorneys and supporting staff as part of an overall Americas Library and Research Services team.
• Conduct in-depth research for a wide range of practice areas including capital markets, litigation, international arbitration, antitrust and mergers and acquisitions.
• Familiarity with competitive intelligence research and the application of business intelligence as a strategy.
• Analyze and synthesize research; provide a written summary of findings as required.
• Actively support a rich array of electronic content resources through the development of just-in-time videos, pathfinders and onsite learning delivery.
• Contribute to the design and delivery of resource training programs conducted for new joiners, associates, paralegals, practice development specialists.
• Participate in professional associations for personal and professional development and to promote strong law firm library relations.
• Additional responsibilities include working group projects and intranet content updates as required.
• 5-8 years’ experience. AMLAW 100 law firm or ABA accredited Law School Library
• Expert proficiency with online case law research and business databases
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Executive presence
• Customer service focus
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Ability to reimagine old models and test new methods
• Adapt to a fast-paced environment by coordinating multiple tasks to completion while maintaining a professional demeanor
o MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
o JD from an ABA accredited institution
o Second language proficiency