Senior Billing Specialist
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on October 18, 2018
Lewis Search Group is currently recruiting to hire an experienced Senior Legal Billing Specialist for an exceptional law firm career opportunity with our large, global international client. The Senior Billing Specialist will assist attorneys in preparation of bills to clients and performs follow up action on past due client accounts. Provides administrative and accounting support to Attorneys and Accounting Department Staff. Answers billing questions and researches billing related issues, prepares and distributes billing proformas, invoices and billing related reports. Manages client accounts according to the billing agreements and performs necessary maintenance. Manages past due accounts and performs necessary follow up action. Acts as billing advisor to attorneys and insures that all transactions are recorded according to accounting standards. The role’s regular business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily activities of the billing function in support of Partners and Clients. This includes but is not limited to Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates and running client reports at the request of the Partners and Attorneys.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis. Show tenacity and drive in following up with Billing Partners and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
• Understand and ensure correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines and client fee arrangement.
• Ensure electronic invoices (EDI) are processed accurately and efficiently.
Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates professional and highly-developed communication skills. Ability to deal professionally and courteously with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients of the Firm while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters. Provide excellent client service to our attorneys, clients and other Firm personnel.
• Collaborates effectively with others within the billing team, finance team and other firm groups and departments.
• Assist local or corporate billing management with special assignments/projects (such as testing, pilot programs, policy discussions, process improvements, etc.)
• Assist with training and mentoring of new employees and less experienced billing staff. Effectively utilizes billing assistants to create efficiencies within the billing department.
• Successfully manages the billing operations of the Firm’s largest and most complex client relationships, involving very intricate billing arrangements; acts in an advisory capacity to their attorneys on billing matters.
• Administrative responsibilities are consistently well-maintained (greensheets, UDF updates, electronic submissions/appeals and unallocated balances).
• A minimum of five years’ experience as a billing specialist in a law firm.
• Highly skilled biller with thorough knowledge of Elite and E-billing systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage the largest and most complex billing arrangements and ensures the highest quality and customer service
• Aptitude for establishing operational efficiencies and creating best practices
• Deep knowledge to serve as a mentor to other billers and to assist management with special project assignments.
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Proofreads accurately
• Good judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Immediate hire! Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in WORD (NOT PDF) via job posting or www.lewissearchgroup.com.