Senior Corporate Funds Paralegal
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on January 11, 2020
The Senior Corporate Funds Paralegal will assist lawyers in all stages of corporate funds formation and fundraising work and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
- Assist attorneys to prepare integral corporate documents/materials, and state and federal regulatory filings.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients in connection with corporate transactions.
- Assist with formation of entities including preparation of entity organizational documents such as formation certificates, tax forms, operating agreements, board resolutions.
- Assist with administration of entities including preparation of board resolutions to update officer slates, assistance with filing obligations, preparation of initial drafts of annual forms or filings, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of client’s document library and legal entity information database.
- Assist with fund administrative issues including coordinating with client’s personnel regarding investor requests.
- Assist with fund investment issues including acting as a resource for deal counsel in preparing resolutions, coordinating execution of documents.
- Prepare quarterly reports for investors.
- Act as resource for clients, attorneys and paralegals or other third parties in connection with requests for client entity information or documents.
- Assist with Form D and Blue Sky Filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum 3+ or more years of prior work experience as a paralegal in a Corporate Department with an emphasis on hedge funds and private funds related work;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Prior experience with Lotus Notes helpful;
- Proactive, energetic and hardworking team player;
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented;
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment;
- Adaptable to ever changing priorities;
- Demonstrated organizational skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.