Senior eDiscovery Project Manager
Posted by Clinton Lewis in on February 23, 2019
Lewis Search Group is looking to recruit an experienced SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER for an exceptional career opportunity with a large global law firm client. The Senior Project Manager will manage and coordinate large scale projects related to the Firm’s legal technology solutions by providing consultative support and applying project management strategies to manage cases efficiently and effectively. This position requires an in depth understanding of the litigation life cycle, litigation technology and electronic discovery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work directly with clients and case team members to define business requirements, evaluate technology solutions, develop project plans, and manage projects with limited supervision to meet case or project objectives.
• Perform advanced consultation, provide advice and recommendations, and manage workflow design as it relates to legal technology solutions.
• Achieve a passing score on an internally administered Relativity test within the first three months of employment.
• Consult directly with clients and case teams on e-discovery issues, including, but not limited to, preservation, data collection, data culling, staffing needs, technology options, best practices, and application support and training.
• Use discretion and independent judgment to design and implement workflows inside the legal technology applications to meet the needs of case teams and clients.
• Manage, supervise and assign project tasks to members of the department including, Litigation and Practice Support Analysts and Technicians.
• Review work completed by members of the department, and where applicable provide feedback and recommendations to higher department management.
• Create and manage project budgets for case teams and/or clients.
• Manage and coordinate the delivery of service using both internal and external resources, including negotiating with outside vendors as appropriate.
• Develop and provide training to staff, case teams, and clients on legal technology solutions.
• Assist with evaluating and providing recommendations on department structure, resource allocation, and future legal technology solutions.
• Assists in the development of department best practices and documentation of business processes.
• Exhibit overall business awareness as it relates to the goals and objectives of the department.
• Keep abreast of current technologies, strategies and solutions relating to e-discovery and legal technology.
• Performs other tasks as directed by partners, senior counsel, associates, of counsel, or Senior Firm Management.
• Assist with testing and vetting new department technology solutions,
• Coordinate, develop and provide training on inter-departmental procedures as it relates to legal technology solutions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience planning and managing legal technology projects
• Experience and understanding of legal technology solutions such as Relativity, Nuix, and LAW PreDiscovery
• Strong documentation skills
• JD or MBA
• Knowledge of current vendor market
• Knowledge of the litigation process.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
• A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
• Strong leadership skills
• Executive level presentation skills
• Thorough working knowledge of computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, document management, e-mail and database programs.
Immediate hire! Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume in WORD (NOT PDF) via job posting or www.lewissearchgroup.com.